Sunday, November 29, 2009

FULL of Thanks!

We have so much to be thankful for, including the exhaustion I am now feeling from all the family, friends, and food at our house over the past few days. We hosted Thanksgiving for our parents, my grandmother, sister, and nephews, and of course, us. The food was fantastic, much of it was brought in by our guests, and we chowed down!


Carson was a big helper setting the table:


The living room and dining room are combined in our house which makes it nice for hosting larger dinner parties b/c we can just make one huge table for everyone to sit at:

Brian, me, and Upside-Down Boy getting ready to eat:

No Thanksgiving is complete without the men watching football:

Everyone digging in:
Can you spot my child?? Yes he is the one posing...I have trained him well:

After dinner, while I was browsing the Black Friday ads, the boys decided to attack Joni in a wrestling match. No one intervened, we just sat back and laughed, thankful it wasn't us:
I of course took pictures. Yes, she is in there somewhere:
Ethan thought it was safer to hide behind a fort of tables and chairs. I don't blame him:



Next up: "Friends"-giving.

Three years ago we decided to start a new tradition at our house for Thanksgiving with all of our friends. Every year you are guaranteed to see your whole family a couple of time at the holidays, but we love our friends too, and the older we get, the harder it is to get together. In this, Friends-giving was created: a potluck Thanksgiving dinner at our house either the Saturday before or after Thanksgiving. Turn-out is usually anywhere from 20-40 guests.

This year we had about 25 fabulous friends arrive with their tasty casseroles, sides and desserts!


I am usually really good at getting a bunch of group and candid shots, but I guess I was too busy talking...so I only got pictures at the end when the guests were leaving.

Emily brought the yummiest mac & cheese! She and I have been friends since high school, so like 11 years...goodness we are old!

Corey, Brian's best friend, getting ready for lift off! (Notice a trend here?? Our son has issues with hanging upside down...I think every male in the house carried him around that way some point last night.)

Lindsey is my oldest friend! We have known each other since 5th grade, so like 18 years!! Here she is with her adorable, Gerber-baby, Hunter...who will soon be Deacon's best friend!

Carson & I cheesin' it on the couch. (Wow, I look BIG and he looks stinkin' adorable!)

Tracey and I were roommates in college. I really think she is the only female I can live with, without wanting to kill before the lease is up. It is all b/c of her temperament, not mine, I assure you. I'm well aware I am not the easiest person to live with. :)
Sorry to everyone I didn't get pictures of!


We are so thankful for all of the blessings in our lives this year, and can't wait to see the new ones in store for next.

No comments: