Friday, October 15, 2010

Wedding Planning

In case you have been sitting at home wondering how my pre-schoolers love life is going, I have an update. Last weekend Carson casually mentioned the latest on his relationship status... Here's how it went:

Me: How are all of those girlfriends of yours doing?

Carson: Momma, I only have 1 now.

Me: Well that's good, I'm glad to hear you are being more selective. What's her name?

Carson: Mia (or one of the other variations of spelling)

Me: That's a nice name. Tell me about her.

Carson: She is in my class.

Me: Well, what does she look like?

Carson: She had a brown dress with different color polka dots on it the other day.

Me (thinking, I bet you can't name a single thing I have ever worn, but you remember her outfit two days later, that's a guy for you): What else? What color is her hair?

Carson: Brown. We're going to get married.

Me (no longer surprised about anything having to do with him and his classmates): Really? Have you discussed this with her?

Carson: Yes. She said she was going to marry me too.

Me: And how old do you think you will be when this happens?

Carson: Hmmm...a teenager.

Me: Well if you are a teenager, then that means you will be living at home still. Whose parents will you live with?

Carson: I will take my toys to her house, and she can bring her toys to our house that way we can play with them at both places.

Me: I'm glad to see you have it all figured out...


Seriously, if this is how he is at 4, what in the world are we going to do when he is a teenager!?!

No comments: