Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Too Much.

Last week Carson told me before bedtime that he didn't want to go to his new school anymore because a girl was being mean to him. Carson has never had issues making friends or being picked on, so I was a little concerned, but told him that we would talk to his teacher about it. The next morning we got to his school early and I asked his teacher if she had noticed a girl being mean to him. She said it just so happened that one of the kindergartners were in his class the previous day because she missed school and for some reason had attached herself to Carson. She said the little girl was a little boy crazy, and usually picked out one boy to boss around for the day as her elementary way of flirting, but the teacher promised she would keep an eye on her. When I picked him up that afternoon he was back to his happy self, and said he had a good day.

Well, last night before bed Carson started talking about girls being mean to him again on the playground. I asked him what they did that was mean and he said they would chase him and grab his arms. I told him that must mean they like him if they want to be around him so much, and he responded with "WHAT!?!" I said "ya, they must think you are really cute and want to hold your hand if they are chasing you." He looked at me like I was crazy and just laughed.

Tonight, I just put him to bed ...here's how the conversation went:

Me: "Did you and the girls chase each other today on the playground?"
C: "No."
Me: "Why not?"
C: "They were nice to me today."
Me: "They were? What happened?"
C: "Well, I told them that if they were chasing me, they must want to be my girlfriend."
Me: "WHAT!?! What did they say."
C: "Nothing, they played with me...and kissed me."
Me: "They KISSED you!?! How many girls were there???"
C: "Two. Abriana and Riley."
Me: "And they both kissed you!?!"
C: "Yes, Abriana kissed me twice on the nose and Riley kissed me on the cheek."
Me: "I am in trouble! You stay away from those girls!!"

I don't know what it is about the Fall that turns my child into this crazy little stud, but this time last year I was writing about him and girls here. I'm thinking home-schooling might be our best option for next year... lol

No comments: