Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Life has been busy, mostly with work! Between TAKS and 8th grade dance preparation, I have stayed late at school pretty much every day for the past three weeks. This week I didn't get home before 8pm any night, making me miss my guys so much. So, I wanted to spend Sunday having some quality family time.

We decided to invest in season passes to Schlitterbahn in Galveston, so that we can have a fun place to go this summer while the boys and I are off. We had such a great day!



After sleeping in, I was woken to breakfast in bed and a bouquet of flowers. We got dressed in our swim suits and headed to Wal-mart to fill up an ice chest for the day. (A plus to going to Schlitterbahn is that you can bring in outside food and drinks)



We are only about 45 minutes away from the park, so it didn't take long to get there and hop in.




The water was still a little cool, but Carson didn't mind a bit.






Deacon thought the water was hilarious. He must have known it was Mother's Day because he repeated "mama" over and over the entire afternoon! :)




With Carson's new haircut, he looks like such a KID. The baby look has left his little face, and he is getting so big. Next thing we know he will be losing teeth too! How is it possible that this is already my 6th Mother's Day!?!



Brian and I took turns the rest of the afternoon hanging with Deacon, while the other rode the big slides with Carson. The bad thing about water parks are that you can't take as many photos (...well unless you have a waterproof camera, which we do not) so all the photos were taken close to where our bags were. But seeing as I am about a million blogs behind now, it is probably better that I didn't have so many photos to go through!



I couldn't have asked for a better day or a greater family than the one God gave me! I am one lucky gal!

No comments: