Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just a Walk in the Park

I was so oblivious when I had Carson. Throughout my pregnancy with him I envisioned our maternity leave together to be days where we both got dressed up and took trips to the park.

hah.

First of all he was born in December, not really a month for park weather. Second, he was a baby...one who couldn't lift his own head, let alone enjoy sliding or swings or even stay awake long enough to enjoy being outside, had the weather allowed. Gosh I was clueless!

Instead, we spent those first few weeks together staying in our pj's all day, sleeping, and watching Ellen. He was waking every 2-3 hours to be fed, so I was a sleepless zombie and so nervous and stressed every time he cried.

Oh, how different things are this time around. I feel so much calmer and have a little experience under my belt to know things like he won't die if I can't get to him in 30 seconds when the crying starts, or not to wake a sleeping baby to eat every 3 hours like the hospital tells you; they will let you know when they are hungry. I think God has also rewarded us with a big boy that can eat a little more which allows him to sleep in longer intervals. Which has left us rested and ready to take on the days!

Today brought us GORGEOUS weather!! A perfect day for a trip to the park. And we have a child old enough to actually enjoy it! (Although I think Deacon enjoyed himself as well.)

After getting loaded up in the car, we headed to our local park, which also sports a lovely pond with ducks to feed.
For some reason we had tons of stale bread at our house, and I think the ducks could smell it through the bag the way they were following Carson.

My boys! :)

The ducks were happy:
As you can see, Deacon was having a BLAST! (He is SO stinkin' cute!)

Next, we made our way over to the playground.


And the boys played some football:
...then back to the playground:
Do I really have to go back to work in a few short weeks??? I think we need to hit the lottery...

No comments: