Saturday, August 8, 2009

Surprise, Surprise!!!

So, yesterday we had our 12 week doctor appointment, got to hear the heartbeat and everything looked great! We scheduled an ultrasound for 4 weeks out, on Sept. 3rd, which is when the doctor said we would find out the sex of the baby! I was so excited that we only had 4 weeks left!

Well, today I had an ultrasound to test for down syndrome. (which appeared to look good) After she was done running the test, she decided to look further down to see if we could find anything! I had no expectations of finding out the sex of the baby today, but the baby decided to let us in on HIS secret...

It's a BOY!!!!!!
You can kinda see a little something in this one as well!


The ultrasound technician was very nice and even gave us a couple of extra pictures!! And now that the baby is getting bigger, it is much easier to make out everything in the images.
Looking down at his feet


Lounging around & giving a little wave


We are thrilled to have a healthy little boy growing inside me!! I can't wait to see what he looks like and compare his features to Carsons! Hopefully he won't be ALL Brian, the way Carson is, and maybe look a LITTLE like me...lol

Now onto the names...before I got pregnant, we were at church and I saw a little boy with a nametag that said "Deacon." I thought, I love that name, I hope I have a little boy, just so I can name him Deacon. Well then I got pregnant and really liked the name Bennett. Brian was leaning towards Deacon, and I was leaning towards Bennett...well today when we found out we were having a boy, we swapped! I am leaning towards Deacon, and he is to Bennett...lol We like both a lot and they both have great Christian meanings:
Deacon- Pastor
Bennett- Little Blessed One

Luckily, we still have 6 months to decide!!

No comments: