Saturday, September 14, 2013

Little Wranglers Rodeo




I know I haven't posted in forever! I keep telling myself I will catch up our blog, but life keeps interrupting my free time. :)

I am writing this blog on my phone in the parking lot while Brian is grabbing some groceries from inside Wal-mart.


I am loving my new positions at school as the reading intervention and professional communication teacher.  Although I don't teach special education, I'm the department chair.  

One of the bonuses is that I get all the district emails about upcoming events in the community for our kids, which means we also find fun activities to do with Deacon.


This week I received info about the Little Wranglers Rodeo for special kiddos.  They opened the doors early for all the families to participate in the activities without the crowds.



They had a petting zoo, horseback riding, carnival games, and a wagon ride.






They also had amazing volunteers who didn't bat an eye when Deacon had a meltdown.


We all had a great morning together as a family.



And Deacon left with his very own trophy, belt buckle, and cowboy hat (not that he let us put it on him)!


1 comment:

Sarah J. said...

I really liked reading your blog post about Deacon. You did a great job of providing a description of Deacon and his story, and also talking about how he is different from other horses. I love how you asked your readers to donate and how you also mentioned how you can donate. It's clear that you care about the horses and their welfare and it's truly heartwarming to read about them. educational children's books and classic bedtime story books