Friday, August 12, 2011

Fun Find Friday: Silhouette Inspirations

I received a Silhouette SD for my birthday this year from Brian and the boys. I have been wanting one for a couple of years and finally found a cheap enough deal on overstock.com to justify getting it. A Silhouette is basically a printer, but instead of using ink, it has a razor to cut images. You can feed a bunch of different materials into the machine creating all kinds of cool crafts and personalized items, like vinyl, cardstock, fabric, and even temporary tattoo paper.

I have found so many fabulous ways to use my silhouette on pinterest, here are a couple of my favorites (that I am not planning to give as gifts in the near future):



Monogrammed Cooler - The font may be a little too fancy for our family, but I love the idea of adding a little bling and making an ice chest more personalized without whipping out the sharpie

Fall Wreath - While it would take forever to hand cut each individual leaf, the silhouette could spit those puppies out in a couple of seconds


Mobile - May need to find a pregnant friend to make this for!


Fabric Artwork - They hand drew and cut the birds and leaves; I am not an artist, so I would use the fabric interfacing feature cut and modgepodge


Mailbox Decor - We have neighborhood mailboxes, so I couldn't make this for us, but how gorgeous!


Pinwheel - the silhouette also cuts foldables for 3-dimensional projects!



Monogrammed Sign - I think we need this in our entrance

3 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Thank you so much for featuring my monogram sign! Have fun with your new Silhouette! Its very addicting to use. If you ever need more inspiration, I have a Silhouette category in my sidebar for all my projects made using it. :)

Tammie said...

I absolutely LOVE my silhouette! Use it for anything and everything. You're gonna be amazed at what it can do! Have fun :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought you would be interested to kow that a lady has taken your picture, (which is beautiful work) and posted it as her own work, and selling the item,

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150943518025845&set=o.158069867622212&type=1&theater